What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your device when you visit a website, to the extent you agree.
Cookies are used in order to make the website work, or to work more efficient, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. This information may be used to provide a more personalized service to the user.
Cookies may be either set directly by us to your device (first party cookies), or set by a third-party provider on our behalf (third-party cookies).
Whenever you visit a website, information may be collected using cookies and other similar technologies (e.g. web beacons, tags, scripts).
The purpose of the cookies we may use
We use different kinds of cookies on our website, and these may be classified in the following categories:
- “Strictly necessary cookies” are necessary for our website to work properly and cannot be switched off. This kind of cookies allows you for example to log in on our website and stay logged in throughout the visit on our website.
- “Analytical/performance cookies” are applied to analyze how the website are used and how it performs. This type of cookie can be set by us or by third-party providers (e.g. Google Analytics) to help us recognize which pages are most or least popular.
- “Functional cookies” enable us to provide you with enhanced functionality and personalization based on your interactions on the website.
- “Advertising and targeting cookies” may be set by third-party providers (e.g. advertising partners), so it is possible to provide you with targeted advertising based on your activities.
- “Social media cookies” are set by social media services that we have added to the website to enable you to share our content with your social network.
The expiration of a cookie
For how long the cookies remain on your device depends on whether a cookie is a “persistent cookie” or a “session cookie”.
A persistent cookie is stored and allows us to use the user preferences, setting and other information for future visits. Persistent cookies remain valid until its set expiration date, unless deleted by you before the expiration date.
A session cookie is temporary and deleted from your device when exiting the website.
If you want to change or manage your cookie settings, you can adjust your internet browser, e.g. to reject the setting of all or some cookies. For further information on how to do so, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Please keep in mind that refusing or deleting cookies may impact the user experience, and parts of the website may no longer be fully functional.